Thursday, August 17, 2006

Welcome to my two cents.

So here is tonight’s topic. “Final Words, part 1

Why do we not always tell people things that we want to say? We keep thing in us that goes to our graves. Or we keep stuff inside us thinking that we would get a chance to tell them later. Not realizing that our time on this earth is finite. We don’t know when we are going.

Don’t lie. Everyone has something that they want to tell someone else. Shit, there is that bulletin that that goes around about once every 3 months.

But what happens? Something happens that we can’t control. They could go away; you could go away, or worse…

So this leads to my question. Why can’t we tell people what we really think? And I don’t mean political correctness or saving face (which we still have to do at times). I mean the things that we want to tell people, but just can’t. Like “I love you” or “You’re okay.” Like Timmy Turner said, “if I don’t see my dad again, tell him… He’s weird” Telling people how much people really mean to each other.

Is it human nature? Is it our minds telling us that we would have time to tell them later? IS it our assumption that there would be a later?

Is it our minds trying to “protect” us from what could happen if they found out what we wanted to say? Is it as simple as we really just don’t want to know what will happen if we tell them?

Maybe it is the fact that a lot of the things that we want to say would not be said unless we take a big risk in saying it. How many times have we said to ourselves that we want something form someone, only to not tell the person who we want it from what we want to say?

How many moments in time have we looked back and said, “I wish I told him/her how I felt” or “Why couldn’t I just say goodbye” or even “I wish I could just tell them one more thing.” If you ask my two cent’s, then I would say that we have way too many moments like this.

And this isn’t just about Love as in Spouses. I mean everyone. Friends and family; he people who you care about the most.

Most people would keep in inside them until they die. Some would keep it buried in their graves. Some would write notes/memoirs telling what they wanted to say.

No matter what, it ends up the same way. WITH REGRET

One more thing. I don't have all the answers. But i do have my two cents.



Check me out on Myspace. Tex's Two cents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home